Dr. Cindy Duke’s website is now welcoming fellow practitioners and authors, including those with a patient’s perspective, who are interested in sharing their expertise, knowledge, ideas, or stories about fertility or infertility through our platform, as a guest blogger. We welcome creatives and insightful individuals who can delve deeper into these topics: Infertility in General, Miscarriage & Pregnancy Loss, LGBT Fertility & Family Building, Infertility in the Black Community, Infertility After Age 40, Egg Freezing, Infertility in the Immigrant Community and Male infertility.
The Art of Guest Blogging
Guest blogging, also called “guest posting,” is a long-standing strategy for bloggers and marketers to grow their blogs, brand, and get backlinks. Generally, guest blogging is about writing articles within your niche or industry and submitting them to credible blogging websites to attract significant traffic, back to your website. This also allows bloggers to boost their domain authority using external links to high-authority domains.
Topics We Accept
- Fertility in General
- LGBT Fertility & Family Building
- Egg Freezing Journey
- Miscarriage & Pregnancy Loss
- Infertility After Age 40
- Male Infertility
- Infertility in the Black Community
- Infertility in the Immigrant Community
- Adoption & Family Building
- Peri-Menopause & the Menopause Transition
Submitting Your Blog Contribution to DrCindyDuke.com
You’ve taken the time to write content that will offer informational value and it’s been edited and polished for publication, as per Dr. Cindy’s guidelines. You’re ready to submit!
Please read the following guidelines and specifications before submitting your article. We place paramount importance and respect for written body-of-work. So, please take your time to craft an insightful and enticing blog article!
Article Document Format for Submission
- Microsoft Document (Docx)
- Google Document
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
Upon sending the article, please add your name and article title on top of the document. Attach the article document, following the format type above, with the corresponding images, and send it to the SUBMISSION FORM BELOW. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission.
What Should Be Included
There are a number of things you will be able to include with your blog post submission:
- Content Images/Banner – Copyright-free images for article banner header and for the body, if necessary.
- Infographic (optional) – Can be previously published and embed codes are acceptable
- Author Bio – Maximum of 5 sentences that describes your practice/business, endeavors and affiliations. Links are allowed but must be included with the link limit. Otherwise, you may include non-clickable links to social media, etc.
- Bio-image – Please send an HD and professional photo/headshot for the bio image. No attribution required since we assume they are you or the author and you have permission already.
Passing the Review: Acceptance
Once we have your submission, progress within the acceptance process is determined by a series of factors:
- Length – Articles should be approximately 800 – 1200 words and can be written in your preferred point-of-view.
- Sourcing/Citation – Make sure to incorporate references on your content, if necessary.
- Photo/s – We’d love to see photos that relate to your blog post! You need to send high-resolution photos that correspond to the content in your post. Files must be a minimum of 1800 pixels in the widest direction at 300 dpi.
- Relevancy – The subject matter should be relevant to the niches/categories that Dr. Cindy Blog publishes: Fertility, Infertility, LGBT Family Building, Egg Freezing, Disparities in Fertility
- Topic – The topic or the title must not be similar to anything published on the Dr. Cindy blog within the last 6 months.
- Writing – Sentences should be Grammatically correct and make sense; even if English is not your first language.
- Editing – Dr. Cindy’s blog does not mind doing light editing, such as in correcting one or two misspelled words but too many mistakes will prompt a return to the author for revision or a rejection of the article.
- Tone – The tone of the content must NOT be promotional and it should NOT be geared toward a single product or service.
- Originality – Although the submitted blog entry is original, make sure this wasn’t previously published on other website or platform.
- Links – The Author article needs to be compliant with the number of links allowed and the links MUST be relevant to the anchor text – all links are checked.
Reviewing Your Contribution
Here are the specific steps to the review process:
- Guest post submitted
- Submission thoroughly reviewed, on Fridays and Weekends only
- Accepted, rejected or, pending due to revision request
- Submission accepted, pending or rejected
- Email sent to the author, in the case of pending or rejection
- Submission is scheduled
- Status entered into the Editorial Calendar
- Submission published
- Status updated in the Editorial Calendar with publication link
- Publication, go live, is confirmed with the author, via email to the author
Most times, if all of the above guideline requirements have been implemented before submission, the process jumps from being reviewed to being scheduled instantly. It’s that easy!
Pending, revision, or rejection status is also easy to fix. An email is sent with an explanation.
Pending or revision usually means:
- Too many links
- Image is copyrighted
- Citations and sources are from uncredited websites
- A few or more grammar and spelling errors have been identified within the document
- The Article’s content sounds slightly biased or prejudicial
- The Article’s content is promotional in tone ← While it is okay to mention a product or service, please do not try to sell it.
- The content is found to be plagiarized
- The content contains chronic grammatical errors and inconsistencies.
- The content promotes hostility or abhorrence to a certain person or social group.
- The content does not fit the niche guidelines.
- The content is deficient of credible sources and attribution.
- The content topic has already been published in the past 6 months of the Dr. Cindy blog.
- The content has been published already on other website or platform.
Submission and publication are FREE. You may pitch as many articles as you would like. However, while we will make every effort to include at least one blog post from each person who submits, we reserve the right to refuse to post pieces which do not align with our mission and industry.